The SCMTBC strongly encourages local mountain bikers to join the club. The benefits of joining the club are:
- Get on the club email list and be advised of club activities
- Provides financial assistiance with trail maintenance and building
- Give mountain bikers a strong unified voice in South Canterbury
- Affiliation to Mountain Biking NZ
Access for Mountain Bikers to places like Centennial Park is only possible because of an active club working with the Timaru District Council.
The Council permits the club to build and maintain trails and assists us with materials. Without a local MTB club, access to all the trails we enjoy in places like Centennial Park and Raincliff is not guaranteed.
If you are a local mountain biker and enjoy riding trails maintained by the South Canterbury Mountain Bike Club (Centennial Park, Raincliff etc) – please join the club!
We are always looking for fresh faces on the committee too, so if you are interested, please contact us!
If you have joined but are not on our email list for some reason (sometimes the forms take a while to filter through), send an email to webmaster asking to be put on the email list.
Annual Membership runs from 1st April 2016 to 31 March 2017
- Membership is made up of $20 per individual, or $25 for a whole family at that same address.
- The membership fee is to cover track development and maintenance, administrative costs, and MTBNZ affiliation and insurance fees.